POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fast Erosion (3*20k) : Fast Erosion (3*20k) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Fast Erosion (3*20k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 10 Jul 2000 13:51:25
Message: <396A0D1D.2B382007@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Just made some tests with an Erosion routine I programmed some time ago.  The
result has some similarity with ridged multifractal but it is an editing
function modifying any existing heightfield.

And it is quite fast (about 800 milliseconds for a single run on a 256x256
point heightfield on my K6/500)

The first one is the starting heightfield, the second one after about 15 runs
with smoothing between, the third after 15 additional runs.

Please tell me what you think of it, I wonder if anybody has done something
similar before.

I am already planning some addition to stop erosion process, when a certain
slope is reached, which would be more realistic.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

Attachments:
Download 'erode1.jpg' (21 KB) Download 'erode2.jpg' (20 KB) Download 'erode3.jpg' (20 KB)

Preview of image 'erode1.jpg'
erode1.jpg

Preview of image 'erode2.jpg'
erode2.jpg